06 January 2011

Cimetiere St-Joseph - Cemetery Map

In addition to the original 57 acres purchased by the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate in 1892, the cemetery had acquired another 44 acres by 1994. I'm not sure how much acreage the cemetery owns now. That's a question that will be answered at another time. However, on one of my last visits to the cemetery, I was told by one of the caretakers that the fence that runs along the right side of section Y and along the back sides of sections FG and Z is going to be coming down soon in order to enlarge the cemetery. This section that is going to be opened up was where Mr. Pierre Tremblay's house once sat. Mr. Tremblay was the first caretaker of the cemetery and I'm told that the house burnt to the ground sometime last year.


































Map Source: [Breault, Father Charles A., O.M.I., St. Joseph Cemetery Centennial Celebration 1894 -1994. Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate]

0 comments:

Post a Comment